Monday 16 September 2013

Cover Girl Outlast Glosstinis

Here is another mini drug store haul, just stopped by Lawtons to get some vitimans and had to check out the clearance aisle of course. I usually go straight for the clearance nail polish and while I was sorting through the buckets I saw these adorable mini Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Glosstinis nailpolishs (BTW love the name so cute!) on for $1.39. I dont think they were too expensive regular price , either $3.99 or $4.99 depending on the location, but still a great deal for some fun new nail polish colors. I belive these were limited edition and were made in 9 shades. I picked up four, I left one behind but honestly I may go back and get it if its still there next time.

The first shade I bought is Lemon Drop, which is a bright yellow, I was very excited to try this because yellow nail polishes are so hit or miss for me. It is difficult to find ones that are opaque enough to where you dont need 3 or 4 coats to achieve the right look. As soon as I put this on I knew it was awesome! So vibrant and opaque and went on very smooth, Loved the color and the vibrancy! Defintley a hit for me!

The next shade is Orange Oasis, which reminds me of a creamsicle shade but maybe a little more bright. Really pretty and will still work for fall. This one had good color payoff but I did have a little problem with streakiness with this shade. I do really love the color though.

I also bought Appletini which is kind of a limish green shade. I dont have a nail polish this color so I was very interested in trying it. Once again like all the others has great color payoff, goes on great with one coat, I did two coats but could have gotten away with one. I do think this will work great for fall, sorta reminds me of leaves.

The last Cover Girl nail polish I picked up was Sangrla which is just a bright red color, love it its red what can I say. This was my favorite nail polish on, it is sooooo Vibrant and glossy and bright bright red! Absoultly gorgeous shade, did not have any problems with this one. I am so happy with the deal I got! I wish they would have had all nine shades because they are great quality! I am definitly going back for the Purple Freeze shade that I left behind.

The also bought a Maybelline Color Show in Silver Stunner, it is one of those "Shattered" finishes which I was very curious about. Sometimes I find alot of the textured type nail polishes don't work too well for me. For instance anything Crackel I really don't like, it does not look good on me at all! So when I put this on I did one coat and watched it  dry to see if it would do anything. Honestly I did not see a "shattered" finish at all happen, it just turned out like a matte dry wierd color on my nails. Even with second coat the effect did not change. This one was a fail for me and I would not reccomend it to anyone.
                                             

So all in and all I paid $9.84 with taxes for 5 nail polishes. Not bad at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment