Wednesday 18 September 2013

Septembers IPSY Bag is Officially Here!

It's time for my first ever IPSY bag review!! Woohoo I was so friggin excited to receive this bag! So for those who don't know what Ipsy is it is a beauty sample subscription service which is run by several beauty gurus from YouTube, I believe the main girl is Michelle Phan (on of the most famous beauty gurus on YouTube) You will receive 5 beauty products ranging from deluxe samples to even full size products. It is $10 a month BUT since I am in Canada it ended up costing about $16.18 cents since we have to pay shipping , if you are in the U.S. it is just $10. You get sent a box for every month with different themes for each box. They also give you a style quiz which is supposed to customize the products to what your interested in. This months theme was Classic Beauty. If you would like to sign up for this service you can go to ,

http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-hjkohouy9dvg13os

You also get points for referring people which gets you extras in your bag, for example this month was a OPI Selena Gomez nail polish. Which that in itself is worth $10. So I will tell you what I received in my September Ipsy bag.

First off it's own cute little makeup bag every month, this months was a beautiful dark blue printed bag, which was so adorable. (pictured above) The first product I noticed was a tinted lip balm by Cailyn, which is a brand I never heard of it. It is full size and when I goggled it to find the value I saw that it was priced at $19.00, which to me is crazy to pay for this lip balm but it has already covered the cost of my whole bag and more which is great! I tried it and it is super super pigmented and soooo long lasting!!! It is this deep deep red color called Big Apple which is totally up my alley. Oh and also has a cool brush that you just twist off the top.
If you would like to purchase this product just go to: http://www.cailyncosmetics.com/product_p/tlb08.htm#.UjjyblbNiUk


I was also pretty excited when I saw that they had sent me a NYX single eyeshadow (full size) in Nutmeg. I love NYX and don't have many of their products so that was great. The color was perfect for me, I can never have enough browns and neutrals. I believe the value for this product is $5.99 at my local drugstore but if you are in the states I believe I saw them on their website for $4.50. The quality is good, good pigmentation just a great basic shadow.
If you would like to get these click here-  http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/?/ipsy


The thing I was probably the most excited about was the POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Rose Romance which is a pinky nude shade. I have been completely obsessed with lip crayons lately. They are so cute and fun and convenient and usually have great color payoff. This one was AWESOME! Loved the color and it goes on so smooth and creamy! A++++ for me! When I was looking up the price for you guys I could not find them for sale individually, It seems like they are only sold in sets but a set of six was $25 on their website which I guess would make mine worth about $4.16.
If you would like to check these out click here- http://www.popbeauty.co.uk/
The next thing was a Starlook Eye Kohl in the color Obsedian (which is black). This was a full size product, It just looks like any old black eye pencil, to my surprise the price of this pencil was $12.00 which I personally would never pay for this. I tried it on and it was really creamy went on easy and was very black which was great, BUT it smudged soooooo soooo bad on me! Literally all day at work I had to check my eyeliner and keep cleaning it up. I would not recommend this product. It may not be so bad for some people but I have really watery eyes so I have a hard time finding good smudge proof eyeliners. I usually go for liquid.
If you would like to purchase this click here: http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/kohl-eye-pencil

This next and final product was the only thing that was not full sized. It was a deluxe sample of Elizabeth Motts It's so Big mascara. I believe it was a 5ml sample and the full size is 10ml so not bad at all. The price of this is $19.99 so that would make mine worth $9.99 it also included a discount code for 50% off so if you like it you can buy the full size for $9.99, which is cool. BTW all the products have a discount code if you wanted to purchase them. I friggin LOVE this mascara! The best mascara I ever tried hands down!! It gives you so much volume and length and doesn't smudge! LOVE LOVE LOVE and I may even purchase the full size! I highly recommend this mascara!
To purchase click here: http://www.elizabethmott.com/shop/ipsy/

Ok so lets total up and see what we got for our money!

Elizabeth Motts It's So Big Mascara  $9.99
Starlooks Eye Kohl $12.00
NYX Eyeshadow  $5.99
POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon $4.16
Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm $19.00

Total: $51.14 

I definitely recommend this bag it is an awesome way to try new products every month for a low price!

Wanna join Ipsy?? Click Here  http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ga4

No comments:

Post a Comment