Sunday 8 September 2013

Cover Girl Smoochies Review

SO I have seen these on many a YouTube video and blog post. This is one of those products with mixed reviews, so i decided I had to see what these were all about for myself since makeup is such a personal thing. I only bought one and FYI I used a $2 dollar off coupon from brandsaver.com. My local grocery store had them on for $4.99 and with the $2.00 off coupon I paid 2.99 plus tax which I thought was a great deal and I was very excited to try them. On the display they were sold out of alot of the colors I felt like I would like so I only bought one. I purchased #265 #SMOOTCH. BTW I love the cute names! They are described as a  glide on sheer color and keep lips moisturized with our fabulously flirty Smoochies lip balm. Collect all 12 shades — because one smooch is never enough!

First Impressions- I love the packaging, they are so cute and I love the colors of the packaging. Mine was green and dark red, now for the color of the lip balm itself... It looks pretty in the tube BUT the first thing I noticed when I opened it was it was very very sparkly, maybe not even sparkly, like frosty like. The sparkles were huge chunks! Also the smell threw me off immeditaly...it kind of smelled like crayons or play-doh, and thats just not sexy!  Then there was the feel of it on the lips. It felt OK on the lips...nothing special but the taste is what threw me off the most. The taste was not good! Once again very crayon like and almost waxy tasting. This product was a fail for me. I will not be making good use of this #265 # SMOOTCH and honestly will probably be giving it to a friend. Now the important question... Would I purchase this again in a different shade? Yes I would because I seen some of them that were more matte and had less of a chunky sparkle in them which I feel like I may like better. I actually do think I am going to purchase one more,  with another $2.00 OFF coupon of course to review for you to see if my opinion changes. Stay tuned: xoxox
brandsaver.com

No comments:

Post a Comment