Wednesday 11 September 2013

Drugstore Clearance Haul!


 Today I stopped by my favorite drug store to buy some body wash. Of course I can never resist checking the beauty/makeup clearance section in the back of the store. The first thing I was really excited about that I actually have to give credit to my husband for finding because I never would have seen this. The Go Goth nail polish set by O.P.I. for Halloween was on clearance from $17.99 to $2.00!  That's right I said $2!! AMAZING DEAL, especially with Halloween coming up right around the corner. This is a four pack of minis with a free cuff bracelet. The four colors include Unripened- which is a dark blue sparkly color, Nevermore - a dark deep purple color with sparkles, Sanguine- a deep deep deep dark blood red shade ( which FYI is my favorite!)  and finally Obscurity - which is a black matte shade. (which I'm petty sure the same color was in the So Skullicious Sugar Skull O.P.I. kit. I love all the colors and I think they are perfect for fall.  


Next thing I was excited to try when I saw it was the Maybelline Blush in #210 Coral Burst which is limited edition. At first glance the color looked too orange and vibrant for my taste but as I have learned sometimes you have to go out of your comfort zone to find products you love , and it may look good on so I decided to try it. Now this was $9.99 at my local drugstore but on clearance for $2.00. Of course I would be willing to try it for a mere $2! I tried this on and my first impression is that it is very pigmented! I do like this on but I do have to be careful not to pick up too much product on my brush because it is soo pigmented and is such a vibrant color. Sheered out it is actually very pretty and I do see myself wearing this blush. Overall am very happy with my purchase, for $2 I  have a new blush color I did not previously own in my collection.


I also saw in the same clearance bin a Maybelline New York Eyestudio Quad in #500 Violet Volt which is limited edition. I have not tried any of these, I have a Maybelline Eyestudio trio in thier cream eyeshadow formula which I really enjoyed. I have swatched all the colors just on my hand and the pigment was decent except for the dark plum shade at the end which was ultra pigmented, One swype and there was a ton of vibrant color deposited on my hand. Am very excited to try a look with this quad tomorrow before work. I may post it, since this blog is new and I am not recieving comments yet I think I will wait to see if I get any feedback.


In the same back section of the store they had some clearance mascaras. I decided to try the Maybelline Illegal Lenght in Very Black (waterproof version) The sticker said $9.99 on sale for $2.00. ( this price seems to be a reoccuring theme here with this haul ) It is supposed to be the fiber extentions mascara which I have heard alot of but never tried. Apparently there are little mini fibers that cling to your lashes to give them length. Very interested to try this, I havent yet but may test it for a couple weeks then post a review.

The final thing I bought was not something I planned on buying but is something that I have wanted for a long time but did not want to spend the money on. It is the Loreal Paris Skin Expertise Collagen Micropulse Vibrating Eye Corrector. I have been really wanting either a roller-ball eye cream or a vibrating roller-ball  eye cream as my undereye is one of my most problematic areas, but they are rather expensive and I wanted to wait for a sale to come on. This one intrigued not only by the price but by the micro-pulse technology. The orange tag on the packaging said $26.99 on Sale for $7.75, which is an AMAZING deal for this product and by far the best sale I have seen yet on eye cream. Now when I went to the register it actually rang up as $34.99! The cashier actually had to call over the supervisor because it exceeded the price difference in a clearance item, but it was no problem at all the supervisor happily adjusted the sale price as per the sticker. This product claims that Step 1 (which is the eye cream) is Anti-Wrinkle + dark circle cream and Step 2 (which is the vibrating rollerball process) is Anti-Bag + puffiness micro pulse massage. My first impression on this product was great, I actually did notice immediat results as it seemed to smooth out the puffiness under my eyes with just one use. I think I will do a full in depth review on this product after I use it for the suggested 4 weeks. Please leave comments if you are interested in reading that.

Now for my final total for my drugstore haul!

Maybelline Blush in Coral burst  $9.99 marked down to $2.00
O.P.I. Go Goth mini set $17.99 marked down to $2.00
Maybelline Eyestudio Quad in Violet Volt $11.99 marked down to $2.00
Maybelline Illegal Lengths Masacara in Very Black $9.99 marked down to $2.00 
Loreal Skin Expertise Collagen Micro Pulse $34.99 marked down to $7.75

Final total with taxes:

$15.58
Plus I used $10 of my Airmiles cash so I really only ended up paying $5.58!!AMAZING!

Total Value Pre Tax was $84.95

Savings of $69.37! And if I include my airmiles cash it would be a savings of $79.37!!! Now thats a bargain girls and anyone can do this, just keep watch at your clearance section at your local drug stores ( normally hidden way in the back!)

No comments:

Post a Comment