Sunday 29 September 2013

How to buy Makeup at the Dollar Store!

If you don't have a ton of money to spend on makeup sometimes the dollar store can be a great place to find inexpensive options! I have always been one to buy cosmetics from the dollar store and have found a lot of great finds there. Lately my dollar store has been having O.P.I nail polish for $3 which I love, I have bought soo many! Also I know ELF is cheap anyway but we don't have stores that sell ELF in my town so I love scooping their products up. I have bought new makeup brushes for $1 and also my favorite all time eye liner is from ELF which is there for $1.50. I have found products by other brands such as Revlon, Wet n Wild, Loreal, Maybelline etc.. All great brands for a low price you just have to follow a few guidelines when purchasing these products:

Tip #1 - Lip Gloss usually is one of the things you don't have to worry as much about. As long as the safety seal is still on it's almost always dependable. So for me dollar store lip gloss is a go. +



Tip #2- Mascara. I almost always AVOID buying Dollarstore mascaras because normally you can't see an expiration date and it is probably pretty old by the time it hits your local dollar store.



Tip #3- When buying anything like lip liners/eyeliners that are in a tube be careful because things in a tube like that lose moisture very quickly. Wooden pencils are fine.



Tip #4- Powder Products like eyeshadow, blush, bronzer etc.. Make sure first that they are not cracked or broken, I cant tell you how many times I came home with something from the dollar store and then realized in the package it was completly shattered. For the most part powders and eye shadows do stay good for a long time so that's defintly something I would go for.



Tip #5- Lotions/Moisturizers- First of all check expiration date. If it's expired don't buy it. Another tip I have heard to watch out for in inexpensive lotions is Lanolin- it can irate the skin and cause dryness.

No comments:

Post a Comment