Friday 11 October 2013

Avon Make-up Haul :)

To start off this post I do not usually buy from Avon but a co-worker is now selling it and the catalouges are all over my office. I picked them up and saw some things I was interested to try. Just so you know I did buy these in two seperate orders, one I just got yesterday and the other I got like 2 weeks ago maybe. Avon products are hit or miss for me, some are awesome and some are meh, not so great.

The first order I got was for 2 of their Brightening Concealers, I got one in Light and one in Illuminating Pearl, a Brushed Metal nail polish in Textured Topaz, a Glimmerstick Cosmic Eyeliner in shade G14 Blackened Night and also some mini rainbow tweezers.



SO start I was not impressed with the two concealers at all.. The light one was not so much brightening as it was sparkly. I just dont want my cocmealer to be sparkly... Honestly I used it 3 times and havent used it since. The Illuminating one is okay..I might get some use of it but again its a little too glittery for me.. Would I buy them again... No defintly not..

The nailpolish was supposed to be this new ``brushed metal`` finish. I used it and yes it was a pretty color that I will use but I dont really think it looks like brushed metal persay..more like just a  regular glitter nail polish. I will definitly get use out of it though.



The second order which I just got today only consisted of 3 things. I got two more eyeliners but these ones were a little different than the Glimmerstick Cosmic that I bought last time. These two are Glimmerstick Chromes. I got the shades G13 Vivid Grey and G403 Electric Pink. Lets just say I was not impressed by these at all! I loved my Glimmerstick Cosmic in Blackened Night, it is so beautiful, black with different color chunks of glitter. These ones just didint have as much vibrancy. The Vivid Grey is definitly much better than the Electric Pink. It couldnt be more far from ``electric``. It is more of a dull lilac color. Not very pigmented at all! The Vivid Grey was a little better but still the pigment was nothing like what I expected from the Cosmic one. I might get some use out of these maybe on the lower lashline but I would not reccomend or purchase them again. I am so glad they were on clearance for $1.99.

The last thing I got was an Ideal Luminous Highlighter in the shade Revitalized. I`m just going to start off by saying I freakin LOVE this! It is so beautiful and I was so impressed with the quaility and the packaging. The packaging just looks so sleek and expensive. The highlight itself is very pink. Honestly I used it as more of a blush or even just a quick sweep overtop of my cheek bones. It made me look so glowey and fresh. It is pink with a hint of sparkle and shine, absolutly gorgeous on the skin. Highly reccomended and it was $12.99 on sale for $4.99. This is by far my favorite thing from Avon thus far.




Prices:

Brightening Concealer was regular I think $9.99 on sale for $2.99 (x2)
Glimmersticks Cosmic Eyeliner was also on sale from $7.99 to $3.99 I believe (I lost the receipt for that one so I`m not 100% sure, I just know everything I bought was on clearance, as always :)
Brushed Metal Nail Polish $6.99 on sale for $3.99
Ergonomic Mini Tweezers $1.99 on for .99 cents
Glimmerstick Chrome $1.99 (x2)
Highlighter $4.99

No comments:

Post a Comment