Friday 18 October 2013

Battle of the Top Coats!! O.P.I VS Revlon!!


REVLON VS OPI !! Who will emerge the WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have recently been on the hunt for a new top coat as my last one kinda dried up. I ended up buying the Revlon Multi Care Base + Top Coat first it was on sale for $3.99 from Superstore. Not long after I came across O.P.I.'s It's Hip to be Bare kit on clearance for $5.00 which included a top coat so I decided I should do a Battle of the Top Coats!!! lol I have used both numerous times so here is what I think.

Da Da Da Dum!!!

O.P.I. Wins by a landslide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used the Revlon one when I first got it and I put it on as a base coat under my polish and also over my polish as a top coat. First of all to me it doesn't work as a base coat at all! I used it and it was almost like too shiny or something my nail polish just would not stick to it.. No matter how much I tried the more I would smooth it out the more it would just move the nail polish around.. It was so wierd I literally couldnt get one solid nice coat on. As for it's performance as a top coat, it was also not great. My nails still chipped the next day as usual ( I am really rough with my nails like doing housework etc.. really does a number on my polish.) It did make them glossy though..at least it did SOMETHING! lolz I would definitly NOT reccomend this product.

Now for the clear winner O.P.I. Top Coat. As I mentioned above I got a fabulous deal on this as it was in a set that was only $5.00 at my local Lawtons. I put one thin coat on my polish, I put it over top of O.P.I. Sanguine ( from the "Go Goth" kit which I hauled in a previous blog). It definitly made my polish last alot longer before chipping began, I wore this polish for 5 days, which BTW is a long time for me since I'm so rough with them. I was sooo happy! I also am probably going to do a review on the entire Hip to Be Bare set as it's great! Comment below if you would like to see that!

XOXOXO Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment