Monday 28 October 2013

Review on the POP Beauty I-Love Palette in Purple POP

POP BEAUTY I-LOVE PALETTE IN PURPLE POP




Today in the mail I recieved my new POP Beauty palette that I had ordered off E-Bay. I picked out the I-Love Palette in Purple POP. This kit includes 10 shadows. It is descibed as a palette of harmonized hues and accent shades that create the perfect smoldering violet eyes. Purple being one of my favorite colors to rock I was immeiatly drawn to this as well as the packaging. POP Beauty has the cutest packaging not to mention I already own a POP Beauty palette in Pretty Punk which I freaking LOVE! I literally use it on the daily.It is some of the most pigmented eyeshadow I have ever tried! Pictured below: ( SO cute right! ) Oh and I got this for just over $13 on EBAY (it was brand new and sealed)



 
SWATCHES: First block of four
 
 

 
SECOND BLOCK: THESE ARE THE TWO HIGHLIGHERS
(sorry for the bad pics these did not swatch well)
 
 
 
SWATCHES: LAST FOUR


But back to the new palette in question. It has a range of light to dark purple shades and also includes two larger highlight shades in the middle of the palette. On the back it has the little chart that shows you which shades to use to create different looks which is cute especially for begginers. I swatched all these colors on my hands first for this blog posts sake and I was immediatly thrown off...the shadows seemed to be very dry to the touch and didn't give off the pigment I was expected from this brand. Well I thought then maybe it will look good on the eyes. Nope, honestly this is the most dissapointed I have been in a product for a while. It has the most adorable packaging, I already own another palette from the brand that I love and use all the time! These shades just seem like a different formula than the Pretty Punk palette. I also noticed there was a ton of fall out even though I had tapped off my brush. The majority of these shades barely even showed up on my eyes.. The only color I really liked is the first highlight shade in the middle and that was nothing special. I would honestly not reccomend this at all BUT I do reccomend the Pretty Punk palette. I am kind of nervous now because I purchased another palette from this brand that has not arrived yet. I ordered one of the large palettes whixh I believe is called the Bare Textures Palette. I will insert a sneak peak below which now I am anxiously awaiting to try with hopes that it will be better than this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment