Saturday 23 November 2013

Review on the Em by Michelle Phan Lash Gallery Mascara

Today I will be reviewing the new Em by Michelle Phan Lash Gallery Volumizing Mascara which was featured in November's Ipsy bag.

 
 I was really intrigued when I found it I would be getting a Em product in my Ipsy bag because there is so much talk of it in the beauty community both good and bad. This is something I never would have purchased myself mainly because of the price which is what is so great about having a beauty  subscription box.
 I just got the chance to open this up and try it a few days ago and I can definitely say I had some strong feelings towards this product.. not in a good way... Well I guess I will start with the packaging. I actually don't like the design of this mascara tube. I hate to say but I kinda think it looks a little cheap.. ( don't hate me.. lol) and it would not grab my attention in a store. It is monochromatic white with black writing very basic. When I first opened the mascara the first thing I noticed was the smell. I am curious to see if anyone had had this problem. It smells AWFUL like for real... I don't know if this was just a fluke or if it was a bad batch but it was gross. Even after I finished applying and put the tube away I could still smell it... the worst part is that I was applying at work and the girl at the cubicle behind me could smell it!!! Not sexy..


 Putting the bad smell aside I didn't feel that it was that great, I mean I definitely have better drugstore mascaras that I've tried. I didn't find it all that volumizing and it definitely wasn't lengthening, even though it did not claim to be but I was completely unimpressed and would not recommend this and I am going to give it to my mom..lol

No comments:

Post a Comment