Thursday 7 November 2013

Review on NutraNail 5 Min Perfect Gel Manicure.

I finally had some free time to try the new gel nails kit I bought about a week ago. I purchased this at Layton's Drugs , reg price $14.99 on clearance for $5.00. They only had a few shades so I bought Moonstone which is a dark gray shade. I was actually really nervous to try this after I read the instructions because it did sound kinda complicated and I am not the best at doing my nails. I have never had a gel manicure so I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out.

So this kit comes with 3 bottles of product, the activator, the nail polish itself and a brush cleaner. It says to start out with clean nails (obviously) and to push back your cuticles and also make sure your hand and nails are lotion and oil free.


Step 1: Is to apply the activater to one hand, you are not to let this dry before applying the polish, it says to immediately apply your first coat of polish and then once your done change brushes with the brush from the brush cleaner bottle. It says to do this after every five nails. I started to get a little worried at this point because the polish goes on really watery and streaky but the instructions did say it would be streaky. One thing with this is that you have to move quickly.

Step 2: I repeated the same thing to my other hand and let them dry, At this point I thought it looked terrible! lol and I was skeptical so once they dried I started with the same process over again, for every coat you have to reapply the activator first and then immedialty apply the polish let and try and repeat. The second coat looked much better it actually started going on like real polish. I still think I'm going to go back in later with a third coat as I do see some streakiness still on a few nails

Ok so I did this 3 days ago and still have it on my nails. First thing is I hate the color,  normally I love dark colors which is why I chose this one but this grey is so lack luster, it's just not cute. Honestly I don't find it any shinier than regular polish with a top coat and it is so much more work for  pretty much the same result. This process was pretty time consuming and not worth it in my opinion. Also my nails started to chip on the first day and have only gotten worse! I would either stick with going to a salon and getting a gel manicure or just going with regular polish with a top coat.

I took photos of everything but I accidentally deleted them and obviously I cant retake them.**


UPDATE---> I went to remove this yesterday, I had to purchase the remover made especially for gel nails as regular nail polish would not work which sucked! It was $7.99 and it completely ruined my nails upon removal!! They are yellow cracked dry and it looks like it poisoned them! I do not recommend this to anyone and I would never ever use this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment